North Korea Says It Can Not Give Trump A Summit For Free
Posted On November 18, 2019
The announcement by Foreign Ministry advisor Kim Kye Gwan is the most recent forecast by North Korea to get U.S. concessions before an end-of-year deadline set by Kim Jong Un for its Trump government to offer mutually acceptable provisions for a deal to overthrow atomic diplomacy.
Adhering to a U.S. decision on the weekend to call off joint military exercises with South Korea to make space for diplomacy with the North,” Trump at a tweet urged Kim Jong Un into”act fast, get the agreement done” and succeeded at a second summit between them, stating”See you soon!”
However, Kim Kye Gwan reiterated his administration’s stance that Washington has to shed what North Korea sees as”aggressive” policies to help keep the discussions alive.
“We’re not interested in these discussions that bring us nothing. Since we’ve got nothing in return, we’ll no more present the U.S. president something that he could boast of, but get damages for those successes that President Trump is proud of because his administrative accomplishments”
Kim Kye Gwan is a diplomat who directed the delegation in a lot of the now-dormant disarmament talks.
His announcement came after KCNA noted that Kim Jong Un supervised a parachuting drill by army sharpshooters and pledged to construct an”invincible military,” demonstrating more defiance regardless of the conclusion by the U.S. and South Korea to shelve their drills.
This was the second publicized drill in 3 times of North Korea.
North Korea continues to be ramping up other demonstrations that are military and missile tests lately in a clear pressure strategy over the discussions.
Kim afterwards issued his end-of-year deadline also has also stated the North would seek out a”new route” if the United States continues with sanctions and stress.
Working-level talks a month in Sweden broke down what the North Koreans called the Americans'”old mindset and posture.”
North Korea last week stated the United States has suggested a resumption of discussions in December. Kim Myong Gil, that had been the North’s most important negotiator for the Stockholm talks, did not clearly state if the North would take on the supposed U.S. deal and said the nation doesn’t have any interest in discussions if they’re directed at buying time without even talking answers.
He said North Korea is not keen to make a bargain on”things of secondary importance,” like the potential U.S. offers to officially announce an end to the 1950-53 Korean War, which has been halted by a cease-fire, not even a peace treaty, or even set a liaison office between the nations.